Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SharePoint 2010 Installation Error: Microsoft Geneva Framework Runtime: donwload error

I have been trying to install SharePoint 2010 Beta on Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) for a day but not successful yet.... Initially, I got four issues: Microsoft "Geneva" Framework Runtime: download error Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5: Installation skipped Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0: Installation skipped Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services ADOMD.NET: Installation skipped In order to solve these issues, I downloaded all four and manually installed: Microsoft "Geneva" Framework Runtime Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0 Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services ADOMD.NET I installed a hotfix for Windows (KB976462) too. While searching, two more hotfixes were found to be installed, KB971831 and KB968930, but OS did not allow me to run them. Finally I ended up with two issues, one with Geneva Framework Runtime and Filter Pack 2.0. Anyone can help me on this?

5 comments:

Mahasen said...

Try installing from this link: https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=642

Let me know if it fails

fmuntean said...

Hmm,

I have installed multiple times on Windows 2008 R2 with no issues.
I did not need to manually download the Geneva Framework.
Howver if you need to download manually you need to make sure that you follow the steps on MSDN.
I have post on my blog how to install it in windows 7 that involve all the manual steps.
you can read it here: http://fmuntean.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/installing-sharepoint-2010-on-windows-7/
You might want to start with a clean install of Windows 2008 R2.

Florin

Dinesh Priyankara said...

Thanks for comments guys, Tried all but not luck, installing everything again, will let u know the result.

Michael Hanes said...

I'm just going through the pre-reqs install and Geneva from the Foundation installer failed on the first attempt; I tried again with the Server installer and the lot was successful. I'm also on W2k R2

Shyam said...

The link you have posted for the Microsoft Geneva Framework is incorrect. It actually points to ADFS 2.0. If you googled or binged Geneva framework you have landed on a incorrect link. Try searching for windows identity foundation and install the KB article.