Wednesday, January 19, 2011

SharePoint Integrated Reporting Services: BIDS pops up Login Dialog box indefinitely

Annoying…. This is all about SharePoint integrated Reporting Services deployment via BIDS. Web application for Reporting Services has been created with SharePoint 2010 and all necessary libraries are added (if you need to see the way of configuring SSRS 2008 R2 in SharePoint 2010, please see my posts Configuring Reporting Services 2008 R2 in SharePoint 2010 Integrated Mode – Part I and Configuring Reporting Services 2008 R2 in SharePoint 2010 Integrated Mode – Part II).

Now the problem is, popping up login dialog box indefinitely in BIDS when try to deploy reports, regardless of what account is supplied. As usual, went through the internet, found many solution but none of them worked for me. One of picked solutions by me is, disabling anonymous user. But it did not work too.

Solution
After all unsuccessful attempts, I created a new web application and set the Anonymous Access to No when creating the Web Application. Then I pointed the project’s target URL to newly created site, Wow, no login dialog box. I tried the same with old site too (by disabling Anonymous Authentication in IIS) but did not work. So, not sure about this solution but it worked with the new site. If you face the same, try a new site and see.

No comments: