Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Management Studio Error: The Visual Studio component cache is out of date. Please restart Visual Studio.

I experienced this error when opening Management Studio just after the installation of Windows update.


Not sure about the reason but I got a similar error when opening Visual Studio as well. I could not find the exact reason for this and closing and re-opening did not help either. I just tried with killing all Visual Studio related tasks using Task Manager and then tried, yes, it worked.

Not sure whether you faced this with Management Studio before. If someone has more details on this specifically to SQL Server, please share.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Closing all programs and restarting Sql manager was enough to fix this for me...

Dinesh Priyankara said...

Thanks for the comment Agust.

I tried that but it did not work until I "killed" all VS related tasks. Still not sure about the reason.